What to do

All lost or stolen keys or I-cards must be reported to the Access Control Office as soon as possible.

To replace a lost or stolen key, individuals must contact the Access Control Office to request a replacement key. Replacement keys will be issued based on need and approval.

Replacement fees will be assessed at the following rates:

Lost Key Replacement Fees

Access Type

Replacement Fee

Grand Master Key $500
Building Master Key $250
Utility Master $250
Department Sub Master $100
Outside Door Access $250
Individual Door Access $50
Mechanical/Custodial Master $250

Replacement fees will be charged to the department the individual is assigned.  The department then has the option to pass the charge on to the person the replaced key was issued to for payment.

If a person or department believes that extenuating circumstances exist and a fee is unjustified an appeal can be presented in writing to the Access Control Office to determine whether or not a replacement fee is required.