The snowpack at local resorts is thin, natural, and manmade hazards are present. These hazards can cause damage to equipment. If you choose to rent from the ORC, you will be responsible for all damages. Core shot repairs start at $25/occurrence. Additionally, you will be responsible for the cost of tuning the equipment after the repairs. Tunes start at $30. Please ride responsibly.
Grand Targhee is open for the season! Student Grand Targhee season passes are now available at the ORC. For more information click here.
The ORC is now a Cotopaxi retail sales store. Shop in-store or order online!
About the ORC
The Outdoor Resource Center (ORC) is an auxiliary organization located on the campus of BYU-Idaho that serves the needs of students, employees, and community members. The Outdoor Resource Center is committed to the vision of giving people affordable access to outdoor activities through rentals and sales. The ORC has equipment for all kinds of outdoor adventures: from camping to kayaking, rock climbing to cross country skiing. The ORC can also provide maintenance on skis, snowboards, bikes, and other items.
ORC Rental Policies:
- Rentals are charged per business day
- Open until close—1st Business Day
- 1 until close—1/2 day rate
- 1 until next day within 1st hr of opening – 1 Day slightly prorated
- Open until next day within 1st hr of opening – 1 ½ days
- Saturday to Monday w/in 1 hr. after opening--- 1 ½ days
- Friday to Monday w/in 1 hr. after opening – 2 Days
- Picking up early the night before would incur an additional prorated day charge.
- Rentals are due by close on the last day of the rental period.
- Late fees apply to equipment returned after the due date.
- No refunds for early returns--
- The group rate is defined as renting 6 or more similar items and get a 15% discount. Some exclusions apply.
- Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance. No same-day reservations will be made.
- There is no fee for canceling reservations. We simply ask that you let us know a day in advance where possible.